Welcome to Milford Township, Bucks County, PA
Milford Township is currently operating under strict social distancing procedures. See this Coronavirus COVID-19 link for our policy.
We are all working together to create connections for you to learn during this crisis.
Milford Township is a 28-square mile municipality in far northeastern Bucks County. It was established in 1734 from a portion of colonial Bucks County. Bucks County is one of Pennsylvania’s original three counties.
Milford Township is just off the Quakertown interchange of the Northeast Extension of the Pennsylvania Turnpike (Interstate 476), with easy access to Pennsburg or Quakertown by Route 663.
Once a vastly wooded area, the presence of Unami Creek and Macoby Creek, plus Butter Creek, Hazelback Creek, Licking Creek, Morgan Run, and Schmoutz Creek, made for a once booming mill business, hence the name Milford.
Mennonites came here around 1712 or earlier from Germany. William Penn sent English and Welsh people to live here and they were later joined by Lutheran and Reformed people from the Palatenate in Germany and Swiss and French Huguenots.