Here is how we handle your information when you visit our website:
Information Collected and Stored Automatically
When you browse through the Milford Township website, read pages, or download information, we may gather information about your visit automatically through the website tracking technologies to gauge your browsing habits or web surfing history to improve the information presented to you.
The information we store does not identify you personally. We automatically collect and store only the following information about your visit:
- The Internet domain and IP address from which you access our website.
- The type of browser and operating system used to access our site.
- The pages you visit.
- If you linked to the Milford Township website from another website, the address of that website.
We use this information to help us make our site more useful, to learn about the number of visitors to our site, the types of technology our visitors are using to visit our website, and to present relevant information to you based on your website browsing requests.
We do not track your web activities beyond your browsing Milford Township website. We do not cross reference your browsing habits with other entities, and we do not sell or give away your information to other entities.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA)
COPPA applies to the online collection of personal information from children under age 13. USDA complies with COPPA and does not knowingly collect personal information about children.
When you visit some websites, their web servers generate pieces of information known as cookies. Some cookies collect personal information to recognize your computer in the future.
Cookies are small files that web servers place on a user’s hard drive that helps a website or service. There are two types of cookies:
- Session cookies, also known as transient or per session cookies, serve technical purposes, like providing seamless navigation through the Milford Township website. They are stored in temporary memory and are only available during an active browser session. Once you close your browser, the cookie disappears.
- Persistent cookies, also known as permanent or stored cookies, are used to collect identifying information about the user, such as user name, web surfing behavior or user preference for a specific website. These cookies operate until they expire or a user deletes them.
You can disable cookies by adjusting the setting on your web browser.
You Send Us Personal Information
If you choose to provide us with personal information, as in an e-mail to the staff, or by filling out a form and submitting it to us through our website, we use that information to respond to your message. This also helps us to locate the information you have requested. We treat e-mails the same way that we handle paper-based correspondence sent to Milford Township. We are required to maintain many documents under the Federal Record Act for historical purposes, but we do not collect personal information for any purpose other than to respond to you. We only share the information you give us with another government agency if your inquiry relates to that agency or as otherwise required by law. Moreover, we do not create individual profiles with the information you provide, nor will the information you provide be shared with any private organizations.
Milford Township does not collect information for commercial marketing.
When You Visit Websites
Please read the Privacy Statement of each website you visit. Our website has links to other agencies. Once you access another site through a link that we provide, you are subject to the Privacy Statement of the other organization’s site.
Information presented on the Milford Township website is considered public information and may be distributed or copied. Use of appropriate byline/photo/image credits is requested.
1. For site security purposes and to ensure that this web site service remains available to all users, Milford Township employs monitoring technology to identify unauthorized attempts to upload, change, or otherwise cause damage to Milford Township information or systems.
The Milford Township website does not use or participate in third-party services such as Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube to communicate and interact with the public. You may encounter these services as separate websites. These services are controlled and operated by third parties.
Generally, Milford Township does not collect, disseminate, or maintain any personally identifiable information about you maintained by third party sites. However, you should be aware that Milford Township may read, review, or rely upon information that you make publicly available or the Milford Township on these services as authorized or required by law.
Please note that these third-party services supplement Milford Township’s traditional communication and outreach efforts. Should you have concerns about communicating with Milford Township via these channels, please use traditional channels to contact us.
If you have any comments or questions about the information presented here, please forward your concerns to