COVID-19: Resources for Parents
◦ Some sites found on the libraries websites include: Ancestry, Power Library, RBDigital, Hoopla, OverDrive, Libby
• Scholastic Learn At Home Program – free daily courses for kids:
• Mystery Science – free science lessons for K-5th grade
• Boardmaker – A collection of standardized picture symbols used for communication with students who are strong visual learners, including those with autism spectrum disorders, Down Syndrome, speech and language disorders and behavioral disorders.
• DeltaMath – A free website for teachers/ students that cover a wide range of math content from middle school through AP Calculus.
• Adventure Aquarium – Fun and educational activities.
• Cape May County Park & Zoo – Virtual Zoo School.
• Pittsburgh Zoo – Zoo’s web cams, podcast, and educational/ fun programming.
• Elmwood Zoo – Weekdays at 11am is ‘Zoo School Live’ and one can post live questions.
• Cincinatti Zoo – Home Safari Facebook Live each day at 3pm (also on YouTube channel).
• Maritime Aquarium at Norwalk – The Maritime Museum of Norwalk CT has Live Facebook shows at 3 PM and replays here: https://www.maritimeaquarium.org/#home-events-cal, or Facebook.
• List of zoos that are live-streaming animals to ease Coronavirus isolation.
• Delish Kids + Parents Cooking Class – Instagram Live (handle is @Delish) at 1:00pm:
• Calendar of virtual field trips for families/ daily activities.