Low-Income Home Energy Assistance (LIHEAP)
The 2020-2021 Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program is now open! The season is scheduled to close on April 9, 2021.
• The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) helps families living on low incomes pay their heating bills in the form of a cash grant.
• The cash grant is a one-time payment sent directly to the utility company/fuel provider to be credited on your bill. These grants range from $200 to $1,000 based on household size, income, and fuel type.
Remember: This is a grant and does not have to be repaid.
There are two ways to apply for LIHEAP:
• Online: Apply for benefits online using COMPASS, the online tool for Pennsylvanians to apply for health and human service programs and manage benefit information.
• On paper: You can download a paper application, print it, fill it out, and return it to your local county assistance office.
• You must meet income guidelines
• You don’t have to be on public assistance
• You don’t need to have an unpaid heating bills
• You can rent or own your home
• For more information about LIHEAP, please contact your county assistance office, or call the LIHEAP hotline at 1-866-857-7095, Monday through Friday. Individuals with hearing impairments may call 711.