Buildings & Permits • Subdivision Regulations
Milford Township has adopted a set of rules pertaining to how land can be divided and developed. This plan is created with the intention of incorporating The Quakertown Area Comprehensive Plan, Community Planning as well as the Zoning Ordinance.
The purpose of these regulations are:
• To assist orderly, efficient, and integrated development of land.
• To provide for the coordination of existing streets and public utilities with new facilities.
• To provide for efficient and orderly extension of community services and facilities at minimum cost and maximum convenience.
• To ensure conformance of land utilization with the Comprehensive Plan and the Zoning Ordinance.
• To promote thereby the health, safety, and general welfare of the residents of Milford Township.
• To secure equitable handling of all subdivision and land development plans by providing uniform procedures and standards for observance by subdividers, developers, the Planning Commission and Board of Supervisors.
• To provide for adequate open space, recreation, light, air and traffic management.
• To ensure that proper provision shall be made for drainage, water, sewage and other needed improvements.
• To encourage and promote flexibility, economy and ingenuity in the layout and design of subdivisions and land developments, including authority for the Board of Supervisors to alter site requirements in order to encourage other practices that are in accordance with modern and evolving principles of site planning and development.
Click here to download a copy of the subdivision and land development ordinance.